Under the supervision of the Clinical Supervisor, the Office Coordinator will provide clerical, scheduling, and office support services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
SCHEDULING: ensures outpatients are pre-registered and completes appropriate visit notifications; assists the team in coordinating patient scheduling both pre and post operatively; completes visit notification in a prompt, efficient, and courteous manner; notifies clinical staff of patient’s arrival; registers clients for information sessions; assists team with patient information sessions.
INSURANCE: assists in verification of insurance coverage for clients; financially screens and maintains updated insurance information; makes accurate and complete copies of insurance cards.
REPORTS: maintains liaison with Registration, Patient Accounts; physicians’ offices to assure efficient collection of patient information; prepares department reports, correspondence, and forms which are complicated and confidential in nature; performs data entry of post-op patient information in example; maintains monthly stats, volume, productivity, and reports to the Director.
OFFICE: acts as a receptionist and resource person to the clients, families, LGH staff, and physicians; maintains basic equipment within the department and reports problems to the appropriate department for maintenance; performs supply ordering and verifies receipts; completes inventory, copying, faxing, filling, and mail distribution for the department; verifies and updates timecards to ensure accuracy of LGH staff’s payroll (in areas where applicable); maintains department policy and procedure manual; updates department forms; serves as back up for Executive Assistant for billing and contract invoices (in areas where applicable).
- A minimal of high school graduate
- Must be able to use Excel, Word, medical software systems, patient care/billing
- 3-5 years previous clerical experience preferred, preferably in health care setting
- Knowledge of insurance certification, including Medicare preferred
- Verbal ability is required to communicate with patient, doctors, employees, and general public
- Clerical ability necessary to register patients, compose, type, and proof correspondence, records, and reports
- Ability to evaluate and prioritize tasks is required
- Ability to learn quickly and function within a team is required
- Must have problem solving skills, creativity, initiative, patience, and analytical abilities
- Preference for performing organized and routine services to assist patients, families, physicians, and the public
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
- Work is sedentary to light
- Work involves sitting, standing, walking, bending, and carrying
- Manual dexterity is necessary to operate equipment
Click the button below - This will direct you to the application page.
Type "MTS" under the "Keyword" field
Click "Search Jobs"
Find the Job of interest